What do I do if I notice a leak?
What to do if you notice a pipeline leak
- Avoid open flames or other sources of ignition. Do not light a match and do not start or attempt to restart motor vehicles or electrical equipment near the suspected leak.
- Evacuate the area by foot and warn others to stay away from the area.
- Turn off and abandon vehicles and equipment in the immediate area.
- Do not attempt to extinguish a natural gas fire. Call public safety and law enforcement officials.
- Do not attempt to operate any pipeline valves. You may inadvertently route additional gas to the leak.
Are pipeline markers always placed on top of the pipeline?
- From a safe location, immediately notify us toll free at 1-877-258-3219 to report the leak. Please give your name, location and description of the leak.
- If the pipeline company is not known, call 911 or contact your local public safety officials and advise them of the location and nature of the situation.